A member asked:

After being sexually active recently, i began to itch severely in my vaginal area. i also became very dry. is this probably a yeast infection?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Hunter Handsfield answered

Specializes in Infectious Disease

Yes, possible yeast: These are typical symptoms of a yeast infection. You could try an over the counter yeast medication -- look for a product with active incredient ending in "azole" (clotrimazole, miconazole, several others). If that doesn't clear up your symptoms within a week, see a doctor for further evaluation. Good luck!

Answered 8/31/2017



Related Questions