Australia

is it normal for a 26 year old to get erections while sleeping

Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 50 years experience
Yes it is: It is normal for males to have erections at night when they are dreaming.

How can hubbie have erections in sleep but not in me?

Dr. Ruchir Patel
Sleep Medicine 14 years experience
Erectile dysfunction: What you are describing is a condition where your husband physiologically can have erections as evidenced by having erections during sleep but psychologically he is having problems with sexual performance. This would something that he should speak to his doctor about as this low sexual libido (the desire to have sex) represent underlying depression.

I'm only 16 and i havnt been able to get a full erection when i need to when i sleep with my girlfriend. Yet i can at random times, am i just nervous?

Dr. Douglas Bey
Yes: Most likely too excited & performance anxiety--pretty normal/common phenomenon--calm down relax & nature will take care of things for you.
India

Feeling hard erection during sleep but lost as wake up?

Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 50 years experience
That is normal: What is your concern or question?
United Kingdom

Why do I get an erection just for laying in bed when I am about to sleep even though I have no sexual desiers?

Dr. Donald Jacobson
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Body's horny, UR not: This is not at all abnormal or uncommon. Sometimes it is simply a case of a high physical libido without the psychological libido.. You may be too tired or not in the mood, but mr everready stands at attention. I suspect it happens to most if not all men at some point. As you age it can reverse, so enjoy it while you've got it.
WA

Why am I getting frequent erections while I'm sleeping, even though I'm not dreaming any sexual thoughts...

Dr. Adam Smith
NPT: Nocturnal penile tumescence (NPT) is common and normal. All men without physiological erectile dysfunction experience it up to five times during the night, typically during REM sleep. It is not necessarily related to sexual thoughts or dreams.

Last updated Apr 15, 2013