healthy f/57 postmenopausal bleeding. having hysteroscopy d&c soon. don't want to be put to sleep doctor not giving me the option of regional. why?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Darrin Cunningham
29 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Office biopsy: I will offer my patients an office endometrial biopsy he in this situation. It is quick and you get a quicker response from the pathologist. There can't be a pretty big cramp at that moment but it's over quickly. It is also cheaper, because you don't have to go to the hospital and pay all those extra bills.
Answered on Aug 25, 2017
Dr. Parul Krishnamurthy
33 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Very quick procedure: Typically regional anesthesia is not given for a procedure that is very quick, in other words a few minutes. Also, it is a very short sleep, and most likely, an endotracheal tube (tube down your throat) is not necessary.
Answered on Aug 25, 2017