PA

what are a few reasons why a woman who has had a partial hysterectomy seven years ago would have bright red bleeding after intercourse ?

Dr. Alan Patterson
Please call your gyn: But some are vaginal cut , tear , abrasion, vagina cancer, atrophic vaginitis your gyn need to do an exam.
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Depends: The cervix could be the problem. A partial hysterectomy would leave the cervix. There would be risk for cervical dysplasia or cancer. A vaginal infection or vaginal cancer could cause bleeding. Granulation tissue on the hysterectomy scar can often result in bleeding. See your doctor.