PA

i got tap water in my nose. can i get naegleria fowleri from this?

No, but...: Many things are possible in life. The chances of catching brain-eating amoeba from tap water in the U.S. is so unlikely that the answer is "no." If the water's chlorination or disinfection became inadequate, it's possible that Naegleria could survive in that water. The level of chlorination should remain high enough all the way to one's tap, as Naegleria cysts are somewhat resistant to chlorine.
Extraordinarily: unlikely. In June 2017 drinking water testing by the Louisiana Department of Health confirmed N. fowleri, in Ouachita Parish’s North Monroe Water System & Terrebonne Parish’s Schriever Water System. CDC confirmed N. fowleri in 2 treated public drinking water systems in Lousiana in September-October 2013. There are other sporadic times when it has been found in municiple water.
Provided original answer
Oct 2, 2017