United Kingdom

I have a small lump on my left tonsillar pillar. it's same colour as the rest of the pillar and only small. the other side is flat tonsillar pillar but the left side has this slight round edge. could it be cancer?

Pathology 49 years experience
Unlikely: What you described is unlikely to be cancer. You may watch and wait. If the lump doubles in size, ulcerates, bleeds or becomes painful, see a doctor. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex, if you have sex.

Last updated Aug 5, 2017