I've had iritis for 2 months, i stopped mydrilate over a week ago and still taking pred forte. my eye is stil dilated, my dr don't kno why (not stuck)

Dr. Tim Conrad
Ophthalmology 35 years experience
Wait: Most likely the drug is still working. If the eye remains dilated beyond 1-2 weeks after stopping the drop, then it may be attached to the lens.
Dr. William Dieck
Ophthalmology 39 years experience
The Dr .may have administered a longer acting dilating drop such as atropine.
Apr 14, 2013
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 53 years experience
Variable: You have had a moderately lengthy application of a powerful eye dilator. This will wear off depending in part on your biochemisty and also the color of you iris - much slower in lighter colored irises. It would be very rare for the dilation to be permanent so just hang in there.
Last updated Sep 28, 2016