U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Whiteville, NC
A 50-year-old female asked:

I am experiencing hair loss (quality: rising hairline) . the following also describes me: irregular menstrual periods. what should i do?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Karen Butler
Family Medicine 23 years experience
Well few issues: First of all you are 50 years old so the irregular periods may be. Kemal part of the menapausal state. Same with the hair loss issue. Now there also may be an imbalance issue and you should have your blood checked especially your thyroid. So go get checked out good so you can have your answers and not worry
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 10, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.