MN

I have a mild protruding right clavicle. only the medial portion close to the sternum. mild soreness that occurs occasionally. to the touch it feels like the actual bone is protruding out more than the other side. no redness.

Dr. John Goldman
Rheumatology 55 years experience
Uncertain : This can depend on different reason. It may be the way you were born. You may have had an injury. It's best to discuss this with your physician and perhaps get imaging.
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 29 years experience
Subluxation: Have you injured it? At 21, it would be uncommon to have arthrosis there. One of the more common causes would be a subluxation of the joint between the clavicle and sternum, particularly if there has been a fall onto the extremity on that side. Sometimes it takes a ct scan to accurately make the diagnosis. I would not hesitate to be seen.

Last updated May 30, 2017