Philadelphia, PA

my father had mitrovalve replacement a few years back and recently was diagnosed with having bicuspid aorta. what is the likelihood that i have it?

Hard to say: Heart related birth defects like a bicuspid valve have some genetic influence but not direct. Unless you were to have a genetic syndrome passed through a common Mendelian pattern (you would know) the risk of any (not just the valve) heart related defect is about 5% when one parent has one,8% if both have one. A cardiac ultrasound could find it if present.