i have 2 cysts on my nose and 1on my chin, all of them under the surface of the skin, there tender, sore and redness around area. do i have infection?

Dr. Rebecca Weiss
Specializes in Family Medicine
Cystic acne: Cystic acne lesions commonly occur on the face in these areas. If you catch them early enough and don't squeeze them, I've found that applying OTC hydrocortisone cream can be helpful to reduce inflammation. Bacteria and hormone changes are factors. Oral or topical antibiotics, retinoids, oral contraceptives and/or Spironolactone can be effective. Steroid injections into the cysts can help also.
Answered on Mar 17, 2017
1
1
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
56 years experience Dermatology
Avoid HC cream on face. Certain antibiotics in low doses may help even though acne is not strictly an infection. Sometimes it is good to squeeze out an acne cyst. Isotretinoin is the oral retinoid which dramatically clears the worst acne.
Mar 17, 2017