I had chalazion removal on my upper right eyelid 4 months ago and now its back?

Dr.
It can recur: Try hot compresses as many time as you can do and as maximum heat as you could tolerate You might need another surgery to remove it if that does not work
Dr.
Chalazion: Chalazion can recur , try hot formentation . If it doesn't resolve then you might need another surgery .
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 53 years experience
Perhaps new: Chalazions are the end result of some styes which form a cystic wall around the inflamed gland. You could theoretically develop a stye at each eyelash. It is possible that the surgery did not get it all and it recurred - check with the ophthalmologist who did the surgery. But it could also be a new one given that you are susceptible to these lesions.

Last updated Mar 20, 2017