Lakebay, WA
A member asked about a 60-year-old female:

Throbbing pain in vaine, neck on left side? what to do?

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Throbbing NOT= vein: If the pain is throbbing and you can feel that in your neck area, this suggests likely arterial--the carotid artery. I am not sure what other medical conditions you have and/or medications you are taking, thus difficult to advise you. If this is severe and persisting, I would recommend an evaluation. If sudden in onset, an arterial dissection (bleeding into the wall) is a possible cause. Good luck
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 30 years experience
Be seen: Multiple potential causes, I would not hesitate to be seen for an accurate diagnosis and treatment.