I have a complex cyst in my ovary measuring 6.5x8.9x4.5 cm with two nodules with the bigger one measuring 1 cm. should it be removed and how?

Dr. Dario Roque
Gynecologic Oncology 13 years experience
Recommend excision: Complex cysts should be surgically removed in the large majority of cases as the concern is whether the cyst is benign or malignant. The large majority are benign but there aren't any good tests to make that determination without actually removing the cyst. You should consult a gynecologist and he or she may refer you to a GYN oncologist to do the surgery. A laparoscopy may be appropriate.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 16, 2017