Elkhart, KS

started itching 12 hours after first dose of augmentin. no rash just itching a little. should i take again? nevert have had a reaction to amoxiciilin.

Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine 45 years experience
No: It would be most prudent and cautious for you to take this itching symptom as a potential sign of drug allergy ... it may not be, but stop the Augmentin and contact your prescribing doctor. Often times the initial symptom of an allergy is mild, but then that first exposure triggers a stronger reaction for the next dose! I predict your doctor will want to prescribe an alternative medication.
Dr. Harold Fields
Reaction: This sounds like a reaction to the medication I would suggest you stop taking it and let your physician know

Last updated Feb 23, 2017