Pakistan

3mm by 5mm slightly prominent hypoechoic area in right breast, well defined, round , wider than taller no posterior shadowing, likely benign?folow up?

Dr. Michael Gabor
Diagnostic Radiology 33 years experience
You are describing: a BIRADS 3(probably benign) lesion based on the ultrasound features. By definition, there is less than 2% chance of malignancy, and the usual management in an average risk patient is short interval follow up, typically every 6 months for 2 years.
Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
Hospital-based practice 21 years experience
If you are REALLY concerned, or if the breast is causing you symptoms, you could look into having a doctor / surgeon drain the cyst and send the fluid for cytology (to look for odd-looking cells).
Mar 27, 2017