Hi why does my side under my breast hurt then the pain goes and comes back again and it feels like a stabbing pain and i don't know what to do?

Dr. Yash Khanna
Needs to be checked: We don't have enough information to suggest what is causing your pain which is sharp and comes and goes.We don't know how old you are and we need more information.I suggest you consult your doctor asap to find out the cause of the pain and appropriate treatment.It may be due to inflammation in chest wall,disease of lung or pleura,or from the heart if it is on left side
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 58 years experience
Rib cage?: You may have just costochrondritis (inflammation of the rib cage area usually from a sprain) which is triggered by movements and certain postures. Have you lifted something heavy recently? Try ice pad , heating pad, or NSAID to see if one these may helpful. If the pain gets worse or lasts more than a week , you need to check with your doctor
Last updated Apr 8, 2018