U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Carmichael, CA
A 37-year-old female asked:

I'm a breastfeeding mother of an 18 month old. i have not had my period come back yet. i have blood in my urine. should i try to see a doctor now?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Charles Whiting
Obstetrics and Gynecology 28 years experience
Depends...: Its important to determine where the blood is coming from. If it is period blood mixing with urine, you probably don't need to see a doctor; however, if you are passing bloody urine or aren't sure where the bleeding is coming from, you need to see a doctor. Best wishes!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 24, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.