Warren, MI

Near the back of the roof of my mouth has an orange tint. noticed soreness and burning in the area when i tried to eat. what is causing this?

Dr.
Ulcer: It might be due to ulceration of the mouth Many causes for that The advise is to avoid touching the area with food that cause pain like sour or salty food, and to drink water if starts to hurt (as the water will wash food residue away from the site of the lesion) A harmless (benign) ulcer should settle in 10-14 days, but if it persists or you develop few of these I would advise to see you doctor.
Dr. Robert Stachler
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 32 years experience
Mouth ulcer: Probably a viral ulcer. Try gargling some warm salt water and or some chloroseptic and this should give you some symptomatic relief. If you are a smoker or drinker, stop doing them. This should resolve in a few days. Good luck!
Last updated Feb 22, 2021