TX

Can i take tyenol prior to a egd?

Dr. Hector Amaya
Tylenold and EGD: Normally patient going for egd, have nothing to eat or npo night before in the hospital setting but for the stand point of if the tylenol (acetaminophen) is going to interfere with the result if you take it the nigh before , the answer is not. The medication is full . In fact, all medications should be taken the night before as per recommendation of your doctor and no meds the day of the procedure.
Dr. Mark Gujer md fasa
Anesthesiology 27 years experience
Current: Recommendations are to remain npo (nothing by mouth) after your prep starts. That said you can continue to drink any clear liquid ( you can see through it) for up to two hours before your procedure. Avoid red dye drinks however. Most institutions allow you to take your morning meds with a sip of water when you get up. These should easily be clear of the stomach by the time of your procedure.