Myanmar (Burma)

I think my perineum is teared a little. it is no bleeding and i think it's been over two or threeweeks. should i go to see doctors or leave like that?

Dr. Charles Whiting
Depends how deep: The perineum is made for childbirth and usually heals very well. Most of the time, small tears don't need any intervention by a doctor. Larger lacerations sometimes require stitches but this can be difficult if the laceration isn't "fresh" and is 2-3 weeks old. If it seems to be healing on its own, great. If its large and not healing, you should see a doctor. Best wishes.

Last updated Sep 18, 2016