A member asked:

When i was 14 i use to fast for 3 days a week for 9 months. i went from obese to a healthy weight losing 30kg. would this have stunted my growth?

2 doctors weighed in across 3 answers

Stunted: Hard to be sure. Did you measure your height at 14-18! Either way, you are not likely to grow any taller at age 18. Don't let that worry you - make the most of your life. (PS: You are the second young man I have just found data from a Queensland guy. Left Sydney in 1974, returned in 2015 for the 45th Anniversary. Went kayaking only to tip over in 15 feet. Still alive and well.)

Answered 9/7/2016

997 views

Thank
Dr. Hasan Khondker answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Probably not: as long as you stayed well nourished on the non fast days

Answered 9/7/2016

997 views

Thank

Growth: It is possible that your 3 days a week for 9 months slowed down your height and weight, but you more than likely have grown at least a bit. Relax and enjoy. PS; I left England when I was three and lived in Sydney till I finished Med School,and College including 4 years post graduate. I moved to America and have been in Michigan since 1976 and still working and enjoying. Still missing Sydney!

Answered 9/9/2016

993 views

Thank

Related Questions

Sponsored Content
HealthTap Medical Group does not endorse products or services. Sponsored content revenues support our mission to make health information free and accessible to all.Learn more