U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Piffard, NY
A 41-year-old female asked:

I have pitting edema in my ankle and foot after an agressive bee sting...should i worry?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 46 years experience
Tricky Bees-ness.: You should be cautiously concerned. Apply a towel wrapped ice bag to the sting area. Make sure the stinger is out and clean the sting site with soap and water. Ibuprofen might help with the pain and inflammation. If there is a history of this type of reaction with bee stings, then be prepared to deal with any escalation of symptoms by visiting the urgent care.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 23, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.