U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 35-year-old female asked:

I have a severe allergy to peanuts and tree nuts. i'm currently in peru, lost epi pen & having a moderate reactn. no immediate er. will benadryl (diphenhydramine) help?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Ashesh Patel
Internal Medicine 27 years experience
Not really: Take the Benadryl (diphenhydramine) but you need to Get off the 'net and GO TO A HOSPITAL IMMEDIATELY!!!!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 22, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.