Maywood, NJ
A 24-year-old male asked about a 22-year-old female:

my wife is pregnant. first child. she got paperwork from doc. what does "icd-9:234.01" mean? high risk pregnancy

Codes are confusing: Code numbers are for satisfying insurance companies and legal requirements. What the doctor says is important. What numbers appear on the paperwork can be confusing because computers often print out default text words next to code numbers... and the default text often describes something in different words than what the doctor speaks in. In this case, Z34.01 says a woman has a routine pregnancy.