Hi, i'm 17 years old and male. is being sexually active holding me bavk from growing anymore in anyway? can anything in my diet push me to grow more?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Toree Malasanos answered

Specializes in Pediatric Endocrinology

Taller?: Sexual activity can cause a variety of problems, but it will not stop you from growing. Most 17 year old boys are essentially done growing. It's always good to practice safe sex, maintain a healthy balanced diet and get plenty of rest and exercise.

Answered 8/20/2016

1k views

Healthy lifestyle: You are most likely to reach your tallest potential height by following a healthy diet, getting appropriate sleep & and remaining physically active.Nothing you eat or drink will add inches .Sexual activity has no effect.Most males are finished growing by 17.An xray of your wrist/hand could be studied for growth centers.If closed, you are finished,if open you couldgrow more.

Answered 8/20/2016

1k views