i have heaviness when i breath plus my right shoulder hurts. i am a 46 year old female. is this serious?

Doctor can evaluate: A 40 year-old woman with shoulder pain and chest heaviness can be evaluated to see if there is a heart or lung problem (or some other problem). A call to her primary care doctor can help. The doctor may refer to the ER or to other specialists if needed. If a primary care doctor is not immediately available, one can be seen at the ER to make sure the problem is not a heart attack.