San Diego, CA

my veins are popping out of my foot by my ankle, and my foot becomes numb occasionally. what is going on? my lower leg tingles too.

Dr. Sandra Lora Cremers
Ophthalmology 25 years experience
Venous issues: Likely venous insufficiency. Please consult with us to see a photo and to assess for possible VI, a lack of oxygen, or nerve based issue.
Dr. Zach Patrick
Emergency Medicine 13 years experience
Varicose Veins : You have back flow of the veins in your legs. This causes the bulging and swelling in the leg and foot due to excess fluid in the leg that normally would be moved out by the veins. This swelling compresses the nerves and causes the irritation. You can see a vein doctor to be evaluated for a corrective procedure.
Dr. Stephen Arbes
Podiatry 44 years experience
Venous congestion: Since you say "foot" and not "feet" I'll assume it's one side only. Veins have a very weak wall so any added pressure within the vein will cause them to appear distended or "popping out". Usually if it is one side only we tend to concentrate on finding a local cause rather than a systemic problem such as hypertension. This should be examined. I recommend seeing your primary care physician

Last updated Aug 2, 2018