U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Milwaukee, WI
A 39-year-old female asked:

Pots syndrome affecting my life. salt, fluids, florinef (fludrocortisone) didn't help. now starting midodrine. missed days of work.how to get work to understand?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Richard Zimon
Internal Medicine 61 years experience
The best way: is to have a frank discussion with your supervisor(s) about your medical condition. Days missed for medical care may be covered under FMLA rules (Family Medical Leave Act) If your employer has a human resources Dept or a EAP (Employee Assistance Program) all the better! Hope this helps! Good Luck Dr Z
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 23, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.