Johnston, RI
A 62-year-old female asked about a 67-year-old male:

Stage 111 non small cell lung cancer. had lobectomy, cancer in lymph node an chest wall. what are the symptoms when you get closer to death. ?

Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 51 years experience
Wait to Worry: You should not be thinking about death unless your Cancer is growing or spreading(called Metastasis). Most people with growing cancer develop symptoms which will signal that you need to see your doctor for examination. A periodic check up by your doctor can reveal signs of tumor recurrence if there is one. So as long as you get checked periodically or when you have new symptoms, you are doing fine