my sideburns are greying. is it safe to dye them? is there any risk of rest of the hair also greying quickly or hair loss?

48 years experience Pathology
See below: Dying the sideburns will not affect the rate of greying of rest of the hair, though the remaining will turn grey, sooner or later. You may consider leaving the grey hair alone, it would save the hassle, expense and avoid exposure to the chemicals in the hair dye. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex.
Answered on Jul 13, 2016
1