U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A female asked:

I feel a grape sized lump on neck under my ear next to my jawbone. hard, fixed, for many years. have lump at the same spot on other side but smaller?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Gabriel Malouf
Specializes in Dentistry
Surgeon or Derm.: Ask your dentist or primary care physician. Give them more details on the history of the mass(es) and any symptoms associated with them. They will probably send you to an oral surgeon or dermatologist depending on their clinical findings. It's good that it hasn't changed much (usually that suggests it's benign). Could be a number of different things.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 14, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.