Brookesmith, TX

Safest anxiety meds during second and third trimester of pregnancy? i suffer from general anxiety and was doing fine prior to getting pregnant and weaned myself off of wellbutrin. at 10 wks preg anxiety and horrible insomnia started its been 3 wks.

Dr. David Hoffman
Clinical Psychology 21 years experience
Anxiety...: I am not an MD, but have had hundreds of patients with similar questions. Wellbutrin (bupropion) is not typically good for anxiety incidently. Anyway, Sertraline (Zoloft) is considered relatively safe for pregnant women and has been used where they know the mother to be prone to depression/anxiety. Ask your MD. All the best in your search for answers and good health for you and your child!

Last updated Jun 9, 2016