Colorado Springs, CO

was diagnosed with spinal stenosis and p. neuropathy 2 yrs ago. i feel so weak most of the time and my back is always in pain. i'm not on meds for it?

Dr. Brandon Gabel
Specializes in Neurosurgery
Depends...: Spinal stenosis of the lumbar spine can cause a condition called neurogenic claudication. The symptoms of this are difficulty walking long distances. The longer you walk the weaker and more painful your legs become. Flexing forward (ie: using a walker or shopping cart that you lean on) often helps relieve the symptoms. Surgical decompression of the stenotic area has been shown to be very effective