League City, TX

if you work in n office that is loaded with black mold could it make you sick? what symptoms? would it be throat chest irritation, flushing reaction?

Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
Yes: In my experience, most people will be affected by the odor and some may have mucous membrane irritation (throat, chest, eye) from the volatile organic compounds. Up to 1/2 of the people exposed may develop allergic disorders such as asthma ,hay fever, or eye allergy. A few many develop pneumonia-like pictures and even permanent lung damage. In other words, mold is a really bad dude.