I took a 500mg zithromax pill at 1am yesterday and had unprotected sex with my partner who has chlamydia also and took another pill midnight and one a?

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
52 years experience in Infectious Disease
Chlamydia treatment: Proper treatment for chlamydia is 1 gram (1000 mg) azithromycin (Zithromax) in a single dose; you should have taken both pills at once. And you should not be having sex with an untreated partner! Probably all will be OK, but to be most safe I would advise that you ask your doctor for another 500 mg pill and take 2 at once; make sure your partner is treated; and no sex for at least a week.
Answered on May 3, 2016