Woodland Hills, CA

Hi i want to know if the sugars and carbs found in fruits are bad for people who have diabetes. all fruits have sugar and will it increase sugar level?

Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
Endocrinology 52 years experience
Diabetes: I strongly recommend that you see a dietitian to help you control your blood sugar. I assume that your diabetes at age 43 is type 2 diabetes. In that case you should work with the dietitian to rid yourself of diabetes. YES, THAT SHOULD HAPPEN IF YOU TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF! Once you rid yourself of diabetes you will start telling all your friends with type two diabetes!!

Last updated May 3, 2016