Brazil

should i go to the er? i am experiencing burning and cramping in my stomach as wel as nausea and constipation. i just started on zoloft (sertraline) 5 days ago.

Dr. Adam Front
Clinical Psychology 27 years experience
Serotonin : I am a psychologist, not a medical doctor, but my understanding is that there is more serotonin in the gastrointestinal tract then there is in the brain. This is why G.I. side effects are common with many of the serotonergic antidepressants. ask your prescribing doctor for direction regarding these symptoms.
Dr. Krishna Kumar
Cramping in stomach: I understand your distress. GI Side effects of Zoloft (sertraline) ca be-nausea, constipation and abdominal pain. Symptoms can also be due to: • Drinking too much alcohol • Smoking • Taking Aspirin and Ibuprofen • Gastritis • GERD • Go to ER if • Gastric Ulcer • Emotional Stress Go to ER if you have severe burning and cramping in stomach for Diagnosis and Treatment

Last updated Jun 9, 2017