Morrow, OH
A 26-year-old member asked:

I have an irritated green spot on my finger. i think it is under my skin but im not sure. do you know what it is and how to get rid of it?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Charles Talakkottur
Internal Medicine 63 years experience
?subungual hematoma: the above is a fancy word for a blood blister. that's what it sounds like you have. this is a collection of blood under the nail often caused by injury to the finger ie slamming door on it etc. if so, it will take some time but eventually go away. if it doesn't see your doctor for other possibilities.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 11, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.