Can I use Flucinonide ointment .05% for a yeast infection u til I can get to the dr tomorrow? If so, how do I use it. It itches so bad/ any other home

Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Alvin Lin answered
29 years experience in Geriatrics
Yeast infxn: Many formerly prescription anti-yeast medications are now available over-the-counter w/o prescription. I believe you're referring to fluocinonide (http://www.drugs.com/mtm/fluocinonide-topical.html) which is a potent steroid. While it's useful to stop skin from itching, I wouldn't recommend for a yeast infxn. Instead, you can try OTC stuff prior to seeing your doc who can confirm it's yeast.
Answered on Nov 28, 2017