I sustained a blow to the right side of my head yesterday while moving a wardrobe. i have some drowsiness and tingling in my left hand. concussion?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Jesse Krakauer answered

Specializes in Endocrinology

DANGER sign: B"sd Concussion will usualy result in headache, some mental changes. It would be very unusual to have a neurologic symptom that suggests injury to a specific area in R side of brain. As you may know the signals normally cross over so that the R brain controls the Left side of the body. So this may be more than a simple mild concussion. Advise immediate evaluation at a Casualty department.!

Answered 3/3/2016

1.5k views

Dr. Bennett Machanic answered

Specializes in Neurology

Unlikely concussion: As has been documented repeatedly on this site, concussion is loss of consciousness, amnesia, or combination of both. Your tingling may be indicative of neck or plexus stretch, strain associated with your trauma. Have your doctor evaluate. Left sided tingling can also be sign of cardiac issue.

Answered 5/21/2016

1.3k views