i've had a white spot on my leg 4 a few years and now more are starting to appear on my legs&arm my mom said it's bcoz it's winter & i get lighter ?

Dr. Karen Hutchinson
Specializes in Internal Medicine
White spots on skin: If the patches are small (<0.5cm) they could be due to a common skin fungus that lightens the skin. This is treatable with medication. Vitiligo, a condition that causes the pigment to disappear on larger patches of skin, is more common in your 20's or 30's but can occur in younger people as well . I recommend seeing a dermatologist for a thorough evaluation and possible treatment.
Answered on Feb 7, 2016