Baton Rouge, LA

I keep getting sharp cramps in my vaginal area . i'm still on depo for 9mnth & my discharge is sorta brownish.is something wrong or is it from depo.

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Depo spotting?: If you have received a Depo shot prior to 60 days then it is currently effective. If it has been closer to 90 days then this is withdrawal bleeding from the Depo indicating time for another shot. Depo however is notorious for "breakthrough bleeding"(brown discharges) through the 90 time frame that it is being used. Cramping needs a MD evaluation.

Last updated Feb 6, 2016