United Kingdom

my partner had gonorrhoea and was treated for it but we had oral sex when he had it. went to the clinic and they took a throat swab, is that enough?

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 53 years experience
Gonorrhea treatment: Duplicate question -- see my other reply. However, in that one I thought you were female and partner male. Apparently you are both male. Having performed oral on a male partner with known gonorrhea, you definitely should have been treated for gonorrhea (and chlamydia) without waiting for test results. Male genital-genital contact is little or no risk. You also need tests for syphilis and HIV.

Last updated Feb 5, 2016