U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 42-year-old female asked:

I am a 42 year old single female who wants to get pregnant; i don't have any fertility issues i know of; wheres the best place to begin?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Begin with MD visit: Begin with a Fertility GYN MD visit to determine whether all reproductive systems are "go" and you are ovulating regularly. At your stated age of 42, ovulation will be infrequent even though you are still having periods. Don't forget about your male "partner in crime" as his sperm analysis will also be on the agenda if you two have unprotected intercourse x 6 months without conception. Good Luck!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Karen Butler
Family Medicine 22 years experience
Ivf: Well you are fortunate to be in this time period for you have many options. Now age is against you but see a fertility specialist for options. They are costly bit possible start there and good luck. Don't forget adoption there are a lot of wonderful children who are in need of a nice family
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 4, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.