Norcross, GA

is it ok for a 28 yo man to get a tattoo just over a week before circumcision surgery?

Dr. James Lin
Here are some...: An uneventful tattooing should seal and heal in a week and will not affect circumcision and its healing. Nonetheless, ask and talk with the surgeon so to reach a mutual understanding and agreement for medical care; yet, both procedures are elective - not urgent so it is reasonable to give an ample time, say 2-4 weeks, if there is doubt; that is logical. Remember: Nothing perfect, but reasonable.
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 40 years experience
Tattoo before: surgery. Why risk slight but possible infection from tattoo before your circumcision? You can always get the tat later. Psychologically speaking, you will be dealing w/a major change to your body with the circ. One change at a time is best. Peace and good health.