Ireland

If my levels of bilirubin and urobilinogen in urine is normal, does this indicate a healthy liver? i'm having routine liver enzyme tests and nervous.

Dr. Andrew Seibert
Gastroenterology 36 years experience
Liver enzymes: While it is encouraging that these urinary tests are normal, they are not enough to ensure that your liver is healthy by themselves. If your doctor recommended routine screening tests of your liver, the blood tests are the only way to go. I would not worry; the vast majority of the people having a routine screening have completely normal liver tests. Good luck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 19, 2016