U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Richmond, VA
A 21-year-old female asked:

I have a hypertrophic scar on my cartilage piercing. what should happen if i use undiluted tea tree oil on it? it's painful, crusty & bleeds sometimes

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 59 years experience
No help: This will do nothing for you. A dermatologist will help you.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Darryl Blinski
Plastic Surgery 48 years experience
Excision or steroid injections or both are the first steps in treating this scar..
Dec 20, 2015
Last updated Dec 20, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.