Canada

I have predibetes. without lifestyle change, generally how fast to advance to diabetes? both my big toenails suddenly split. is this related?

Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 41 years experience
Pre-diabetes to: frank diabetes transition rate varies from person to person, some of that variability is due to lifestyle. No matter what the rate, please consider getting some support and guidance from a nutritionist or doc to make changes now. It can be better than you think and you may prevent lots of problems in the future. You can do it. Peace and good health.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 41 years experience
Provided original answer
You may be thinking of diabetic foot sores. They are typically on the skin, not the nail. A food doctor is the best person to see for this part of your question or maybe one on HT will answer.
Nov 26, 2015
Last updated May 29, 2016