i used my birth control pills to skip my period 2 months in a row. i've been breakthrough bleeding for a week. should i just let it start?

Dr. Nicole Jarvis
22 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Depends: You can stop your pills and let it start, but since it's the middle of a pack you'll need to use condoms until you get 2 weeks into the next package. Or, you could put up with the breakthrough bleeding but stay on track with your pills and then take the placebo pills at the appropriate time. You may/may not have a normal period then, but you'll be protected if you start your next pack on time.
Answered on May 21, 2016
2